To connect to Internet with cable:
1. Turn on your computer.
2. From the Apple Menu, select System Preferences, and select the Network icon. Click on the Built-in Ethernet connection, and then click Configure.
3. The Show drop-down menu should be set to Built-in Ethernet.
4. Click on the TCP/IP tab.
- The Configure: pop-up menu should be set to Using DHCP
- The DHCP Client ID should be left blank
- Search Domains should be left blank
- DNS Servers should be left blank
- All other fields will be filled in automatically by the DHCP Server. Click Apply Now when you are done.
- You should note the Ethernet Address for future reference. To do so, click on the Ethernet tab, and then write down the Ethernet ID. You may need this if it is not filled in automatically when you register your computer.
- Close the Network preference pane.
- You should be able to get online with Safari.
For Guest: Does your iBook 3G have an Airport card? For more Safari Support Number Call us 1 (800) 204-4427
If I could be of further assistance, let me know. If this helps or solves the issue, please rate it.