Sometimes while deletion files on Mac, users encounters Mac OS error code -8072. It is a critical error issue which causes problem emptying trash on Mac. One most liable cause behind emergence if this very error issue is permissions problem and may further result in critical corruption problem. If you are also facing the same problem then just calm down and read the listed bellow steps carefully in order to get the most appropriate solution regarding the same.
Steps to Fix Mac OS Error Code -8072
- Click and hold on the trash icon.
- Now you can see Trash context menu.
- Click and hold shift key.
- Now choose Empty Trash option.
- Here release the keys.
- At the very last repeat the step 3.
Well, the above described steps will surely helps you to resolve Mac OS error code -8072. In case if you are facing any kind of data loss or corruption issue due to emergence of this particular error problem then you can take the help of Mac Data Recovery Software in order to get back all your precious files. It is safe, effective and easy to use tool. It allows the users to recover all corrupted or lost data on Mac. Hence, it is recommended to use Mac Data Recovery Software in order to recover files after Mac OS error code -8072.
While you are attempting to delete some files on your MacBook Air, a window will pop out the error code -8072 similar to the following message:
The operation can’t be completed because an unexpected error occurred (error code -8072).
This error is a permissions problem. If you want to fix it, you can use a hidden features of Mac to force trash to empty, just follow these steps below:
- Click and hold the mouse button on the Trash icon.
- The context menu for Trash will display.
- Click and hold the Shift-Option key or the Option keyboard combination.
- From the context menu for Trash, choose the Empty Trash.
- Release the keys pressed.
- Hold in step 3.
Read Article : How To Fix iMac Error Code 8058?